Delhi – Heart of India
New Delhi is a district in Delhi which serves as the capital of India. It is also the centre of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi is situated within the metropolis of Delhi and is one of the eleven districts of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It was designed by British architects, Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker.
New Delhi is one of the metro cities of India. Which is also a capital of India. New Delhi is situated at North India. It is a political area Because many politicians are lived in New Delhi. rashtrapati Bhavan, Sansad Bhawan, supreme court, India Gate is one of the Political monuments of New Delhi. Every year Republic day is celebrated at India Gate and Independence Day is celebrated at Lal Quila. All ministers including Prime Minister, President, Chief Minister, Head officers of Indian Army, Navy, Air force come to celebrate this occasion. New Delhi is also famous for his Forts – Lal Quila, Humayun’s Tomb, Feroz Shah Kotla Fort, Purana Quila, Qutub Minar etc. There are many tourist attractions – Temples, Markets, Cinemas, Restaurants, Zoo etc. New Delhi is one of the big cities of India, So Delhi is connected with domestic and international cities by air, train, road and ships. You can easily reach New Delhi from any corner of the earth. New Delhi is a perfect place for any tourist. Now I will tell you some main attractions of New Delhi.
(1) Connaught place – Connaught Place is the heart of New Delhi. It is a well clean, structured and energetic place. Jantar Mantar, Rajpath and Palika Market are situated within this area. A perfect place for Shopping, Food, Entertainment. There are many top shopping brand showrooms, Multiplex, Parks, Restaurants etc.
(2) Chandni Chowk – Chandni Chowk is the oldest Market of “Purani Dilli”. Which is a very busy area. The main attraction of Chandni Chowk is “Paranthe Wali Gali”. We can eat different kinds of “Parantha” at this place. Lal Quila and Jama Masjid are the nearest tourist attractions of Chandni Chowk.
(3) Dilli Haat – Dilli Haat is an open-air market which is located in many parts of Delhi like Janak Puri, Pitampura, INA. There are a variety of foods available in Dilli Haat – Momos, Chicken, Kahwa, Pooranpoli and Dhokla. All Indian foods are available at this place. Also, you can see the variety of Indian cultures in different states. A very nice place for spending a few time with your family and friends.
(1) Qutub Minar – Qutub Minar is the longest monument of India, and one of the main attractions in New Delhi, Which is situated at Mehrauli. The Iron Piller is one of the most inquisitive antiques of New Delhi. The Iron Piller situated within Qutub Minar.
(2) Humayun’s Tomb – Humayun’s Tomb situated at Lodhi Road, near the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium Metro Station. Humayun’s Tomb built by Humayun’s senior wife, Bega began after the death of Humayun. This fort is dedicated to Humayun. In front of the fort situated a beautiful garden.
(3) Purana Quila – Purana Quila is located near Pragati Maidan Metro station. On the second side of the road is the Zoo. A perfect place for spending your day. Purana Quila is same as another fort – with garden, the beauty of old times etc.
Religious Places –
(1) Akshardham Temple – Akshardham temple is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan. Akshardham temple shows Indian art, culture, architecture and beauty of old times. Akshardham is located in Noida Mor, New Delhi. Akshardham temple is one of the largest temples in India.
(2) Jama Masjid – Jama Masjid is the famous attraction of Old Delhi. Which is the oldest masjid of Delhi? Many Muslims have come to this place for “Namaaz”.
(3) Birla Mandir – Birla Mandir is one of the big temples of Delhi and most visited place. Mahatma Gandhi has inaugurated this temple with one condition, and the condition is each and every person of all castes allowed to enter Birla Temple, without any problem.
(4) Lotus Temple – Lotus Temple’s shape is like a lotus flower. Around the nine pools of water, Gardens. Lotus temple is one of the major attractions of New Delhi.
And many more tourist attractions in Delhi –
India gate – A perfect place of picnic especially in the evening time. lovely parks around the monument of India gate. India gate is the topmost attraction of New Delhi. A must visit place for everyone.
Gardens – Nehru Park, Central Park, Lodhi Garden.
Museums – National Museum, Nehru Memorial, Gandhi smriti, National Rail Museum.
Political Places – Sansad Bhawan, Rashtrapati Bhawan, Supreme Court.
Stadiums – Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Indira Gandhi Stadium, Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium and Major Dhyanchand Stadium.
Many 5 star hotels located in New Delhi like – Taj Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Redisson Hotel, Maurya Hotel etc. Delhi’s street food is amazing – gol-gappe, chole bhature, aaloo tikki and many delicious foods. Must visit New Delhi, I am sure it will be unforgettable Rajasthan tours for you.